Job Title: MEAL Coordinator (4 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: The MEAL Coordinator provides oversight for project MEAL function including; putting in place and ensuring project uses basic M&E tools to adequately plan, monitor and report in a timely manner on activity implementation; outputs and outcomes; in collaboration with the Regional MEAL Manager (RMM), Project Manager (PM), and Project team ensure project has information brief; regular sharing of project updates with stakeholders; a mechanism for collecting, tracking and responding to feedback and complaints from project partners and stakeholders; in collaboration with PM, RMM and Technical Advisor (TA), ensure that the project has and uses quality benchmarks in implementation of project activities; together with PM, RMM and TA identify a learning agenda for the project; plan for learning activities and documentation of learning experiences;. In addition, provide technical support and supervision for data management to ensure that project data for informing outputs and outcome progress is collected accurately and in timely manner; support training of project team and partners on quality data collection and management including use of data to inform decisions on child protection priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up a strong MEAL system and operationalize MEAL in the field locations
- Design and operationalize Accountability mechanism
- Integrate ICT in the project MEAL system
- Build culture of Learning and Knowledge Management
- Planning, Budgeting and Reporting
- Communication and Networking
- Capacity building of program teams
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in either Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, computer science and related humanities courses. A Post Graduate training in M&E will be added advantage.
- Minimum of three years working experience in monitoring and evaluation working experience (preferably Child Protection, Education, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Livelihood related programming in Uganda (preferably with an International or national NGO). Expertise in using mobile data collection apps including Kobo, Survey CTO, etc. will be an added advantage.
- Experience of working with District Local Government, humanitarian implementing partners and Education consortium in emergency programs.
- Knowledge and use of various survey methods for monitoring of district health and livelihood programs
- Experience and skills in providing training and mentorship to project teams, district level partners in Child protection MIS, data collection, management and reporting
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Statistical Packages like SPSS, STATA and management of large data bases.
- Effective interpersonal skills – networking, oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate via email as well as the use to Microsoft TEAMS and other communication technologies.
- Diplomacy and Confidentiality, Planning and organizing skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 11th July 2022