Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer – Wakiso and Kasese
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: The Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer will mainly be responsible for providing support to the Include project MEAL function and will work with the project MEAL Coordinator, Project Manager and the project team to design and contribute to building a strong MEAL system for the project. He/she will support integration of Geographical Information System (GIS) in project reporting, including GIS mapping and dissemination of MIS/GIS reports. The MEAL system’s objective is to ensure harmonised and aligned data collection and monitoring to inform decision-making, accountability, reporting and learning in a timely and strategic manner.
The MEAL Officer will undertake routine monitoring through both quantitative and qualitative data collection activities to monitor progress against program performance indicators for reporting, learning, and program improvement and will establish a mechanism for collecting, tracking and responding to feedback and complaints from Programme stakeholders.
In addition, the jobholder ensures that Quality Benchmarks are used during implementation of project activities and puts in place a tailor-made documentation strategy for impact stories, reports, and best practices. The MEAL officer will cultivate a culture of learning within the project and ensure that lessons learnt from pilots and project interventions are documented, shared between partners and with key stakeholders and contribute to national and global level learning and research.
The job holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Save the Children job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in either Statistics, Economics or Humanities
- Post graduate Diploma in Monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- At least three years of working experience in monitoring and evaluation of Child protection projects with an International NGO
- Knowledge and practical experience developing an M&E-GIS System to generate data, dashboards and web maps using ArcGIS, QGIS or similar GIS software;
- Computer proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office), particularly MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Word and at least one analysis software (SPSS, STATA, etc.);
- Knowledge and use of various survey methods for monitoring of different programs;
- Prior experience establishing and running coordination mechanisms;
- Additional training and experience in biostatistics or monitoring and evaluation and MIS is an added advantage;
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Livelihood sector is an added advantage.
- Experience in Cash for education programing.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities;
- Sound written and oral presentation skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 20th August 2022