Job Title: Project Intern (Immigration & Border Management) No Experience UN Jobs
Organisation: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference No: CFA/UG/001/2023
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Job Summary: Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant (IBM), the intern will assist the unit with the day-to-day clerical, administrative, logistical and communication-related functions in connection with IBM projects and activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with drafting a range of administrative (including procurement, travel and finance-related) documents.
- Assist in drafting internal/external communication about IBM activities – as assigned.
- Assist in proper filing of project documents and reports, make copies and carry out other clerical work as may be assigned.
- Assist in organizing and documenting IBM events, meetings or workshops, including minute taking.
- Assist in routine monitoring/tracking of field activities (data collection, processing and entry).
- Assist to capture data into the IOM Project database.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Also Read: Grants and Contracts Officer Job – Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Applicants to IOM internships must, at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation. (applicants who graduated since October 2019 will be accepted)
- All applicants must be between 20 and 36 years of age.
- Applicants should have a working knowledge (both oral and written) of English.
- Completed or final year of enrolment in bachelor’s degree program in the fields of Business Administration, Social Work, Communication and Human Resources.
- Basic understanding in application of project strategic planning approaches.
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to organize
- Self-motivated and objective driven
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Accountability- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delighted work.
- Communication – Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Teamwork – Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results – produces and delivers quality services in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com
Reference Number and Position Title (CFA/UG/001/2023 – Project Intern (IBM) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
NB: Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Appointment is subject to funding confirmation
Deadline: 12th January 2023.