Vacancy title: Nutritionist
Type: FULL TIME
Jobs at: Kabarole Research & Resource Center (KRC)
Deadline of this Job: 04 March 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kabarole , East Africa
JOB TITLE Nutritionist
Reporting to Programme manager
Other key working relationships M&E Associate, Head of programme Units
Job Location Kyaka II refugee settlement in Kyegegwa
Contract Length One Year (renewable annually based on performance)
Terms Full time
Start Date March 2020
• Kabarole Research and Resource Centre (KRC) is a well-established NGO operating in the Rwenzori Region of Western Uganda. Founded in 1996, with a research mission and a long-term commitment to understanding the measures and drivers of poverty and its solutions, KRC been working with refugee and host communities in Western Uganda and has accumulated substantial experience through implementation of agribusiness programs based on community priorities that would be most helpful in achieving sustainable and equitable socio-economic development. KRC in partnership with Save the Children International will be implementing a 3 year programme on nutrition in Kyaka II refugee settlement with funding from World Food Programme (WFP)
• KRC invites applications for employment from suitable qualified dynamic and competent Ugandans willing to work with the refugee communities, farmers in the host communities, leaders, UNHCR, OPM, private sector actors and Government technocrats in Kyegegwa district. The job will be on full time basis depending on the Nutritionist assignments under the Food Security And Agribusiness (FAGRIB) Unit .
• Conduct VHT orientation and modular trainings on Health and Nutrition topics • Coordinate the VHTs to conduct monthly screening and active case finding and referrals
• Monitor VHTs to track the missed appointments and defaulters
• Participate in the development of the care group curriculum
• Conduct care group assessments and member selection
• Participate in care group register development and dissemination
• Conduct orientation meetings and trainings to Care groups
• Coordinate the Care Group home visits by lead mothers/fathers
• Conduct the Market assessment for the locally available food stuffs for food demonstration.
• Conduct Sensitization sessions at GFA sites on food diversity and nutrition security.
• Conduct micro-gardening activities at health facilities to promote uptake of micro-gardening at household level
Generate evidence using food diaries to influence practices and consumption behaviours
• Conduct district stakeholder’s dialogue to analyse the nutrition situation and findings from the food diaries in refugee settlement and the district.
• Plan and coordinate the cookery demonstrations for existing groups on healthy food preparations methods
• Promote optimized land use models such as mushroom growing targeting caregiver groups across the settlement
• Liaise with the M&E associate to track programme results.
• Write and share monthly, quarterly and annual reports to partners and donor
• Actively participate in all the settlement meetings such as nutrition technical working group, Food Security working group, health and nutrition working group and District Nutrition Coordination Committee (DNCC)
• Any other roles assigned by your supervisor or/and cooperating partner
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• The ideal applicant must be a Holder of degree in Nutrition studies
• Must have 2 years’ experience in relief commodity management, Nutrition programming & Management, and Nutrition survey and assessments.
• Willing to work under extreme hardship with limited resources.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language and knowledge of the local language spoken in Kyaka II settlement is an added advantage.
• Computer literacy skills are a must. Sound skills in the use of Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge and experience in the application of behaviour change programming and the use of participatory tools and methodologies.
• Sound written and oral presentation skills.
• Motorcycle Riding skills are preferable
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application should be sent to the Human Resource Manager, Kabarole Research & Resource Center, plot 28, Mugurusi Road, P.O Box 782, Fort-Portal and should include the following documentation:
• A complete and signed application letter
• A curriculum Vitae / Resume
• Copies of academic Transcripts
• Names, contact numbers and addresses of three (3) professional references.
The application MUST reach Kabarole Research & Resource Center (KRC) office by close of business Tuesday 4th day of March 2020 (5:00pm) through email to email@example.com