Job Title: People & Culture Business Partner
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The People & Culture Business Partner plays an essential role in establishing and driving HR programs forward within your assigned business units while ensuring alignment to the organisations business objectives. You will be responsible for tactical and operational execution of the P&C strategy, providing hands on and strategic input, insights and advice on people related issues
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input into the operational and strategic planning in the business area by providing a view on the strategic priorities that have been identified for Human Capital at a group and business line level.
- Analyse the impact of internal (projects, systems, process, structure) changes as well as external (market dynamics, labor issues, regulatory changes, union involvement) on the people in the business area.
- Ensure that the business is adequately prepared to deal with the people impacts.
- Create and drive the implementation of transition plans.
- Support line managers in creating effective organisation structures for their own functional areas in line with business unit objectives and processes performed in the business. Identify gaps and overlaps in accountability and work with the line managers to improve the job designs and levels of responsibility.
- Actively participate in employee relations interventions.
- Review the merits of new cases and participate in decision making with employee relations specialists.
- Represent the bank external tribunal enquiries (such as the CCMA in South Africa).
- Drive the reward moderation process by advising the business unit leadership on the moderation principles and guiding the conversations in the moderation meetings.
- Ensure that fair and consistent standards and guidelines are applied.
- Drive the process of identifying middle management and professional level talent.
- Engage with the talent team to drive talent validation processes.
- Guide the business unit leadership on the thought processes around talent identification and development.
- Participate in the creation and monitoring of development plans for identified talent.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Stanbic Bank job must hold an Undergraduate Degree in Human Resource management or a related field
- Five years of experience in HR with a deep understanding of the core functions including Resourcing, Reward, Employee Relations, Diversity and Inclusion, Learning and Development and Organisational Effectiveness.
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in the financial services industry would be advantageous.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.