President Yoweri Kaguta Museven launched the National Resistance Movement (NRM) Manifesto at Imperial Royal Hotel in Kampala on Friday 6th November 2015.
President Museveni is among seven other candidates contesting for Uganda Presidential post ahead of 2016 general elections.
- Maureen Faith Waluube Kyalya, the only female candidate in the race.
- Abedi Bwanika of the People’s Development Party
- Venansius Baryamureeba, an Independent candidate
- Amama Mbabazi.
- Dr. Kiiza Besigye representing Forum For Democratic Change
- Benon Biraaro, an Independent
- .Joseph Mabirizi, also an independent.
While launching his manifesito, President Museveni highlighted on a number of factors that NRM plans to work on if given another chance in Power. NRM party has been in power since 1986 and lead by President Museveni.
He highlighted on 12 priority areas that NRM party will focus on in the next five years. Value addition on exports is among the key things..
Below are some of the things he hinted on during the manifesto launch.
- Build investor confidence and Establish innovation centres
- Modernise agriculture to improve household income to sh25m per annum
- Set up phosphates and fertilisers processing plants in Tororo
- Pursue engagement with EAC members towards realisation of political federation
- Build an oil refinery with capacity to produce 60,000 barrels and an oil pipeline
- More investment in sports
- The national backbone Infrastructure project to connect UPDF barracks and police headquarters
- Open Soroti University
- Build teachers houses; construct a primary school per parish. l Improve clean water accessibility