Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Organisation: Pathfinder International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. As a global health organization with locally led, community-driven programs, we support women to make their own reproductive health decisions. We work with local partners to advance contraceptive services, comprehensive abortion care, and young people’s sexual and reproductive rights in communities around the world—including those affected by poverty, conflict, climate change, and natural disasters. Taken together, our programs enable millions of people to choose their own paths forward.
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant is responsible for providing procurement support to the Procurement Unit and project staff in line with procurement processes to ensure effective, transparent and accountable support to Pathfinder International. Under the supervision of the Procurement Specialist to ensure adequate consideration for coordination of supplies deliveries and planning of program implementation. Provide technical advice and guidance to program/support teams on procurement of goods and services and on best procurement practices. Anticipate procurement bottlenecks and resolve them ahead of time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement procurement as per approved Pathfinder International guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain and regularly update the price list. Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with the Cluster Offices if procurement must be conducted there.
- Maintain, keep up to date and share a weekly procurement tracker, showing the current status of the requested items and the date which they are expected to be supplied.
- Organize the collection of the required number of quotes for all relevant procurements.
- Draft POs according to the procurement committee’s proceedings for review of the relevant manager and submit for budget holder approval.
- Collate all payment files and submit to the Procurement Specialist for the check before submission for payment. This will include, photocopying, scanning recording and posting of the approved procurement packages.
- Prepare weekly summary report on the payment, identifying problems in operations and solution proposed.
- Oversee all arrangement for meetings and conferences as required, ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively.
- Follow up on suppliers ensuring that all goods and services from service providers have been made in the required time lines.
- Follow up with finance office on outstanding payment files.
- Maintain and keep up to date a hard documentation filing system for procurement files allowing easy reference for audit purpose.
- Comply with all relevant Pathfinder International policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Generate any other procurement related reports upon request (item category/donor/time/budget etc).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Back ground on handling procurements under USAID funded projects and a level one of Professional qualification (e,g CIPS, CILT) an added advantage.
- Experience in procurement and logistics in INGO – minimum 3 years.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT literacy required – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email System, Internet browsing-
- Highly organized with good administration skills for order and information management, able to develop filing systems and databases to ensure an auditable trail.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th October 2022