[ Type: FULL TIME, Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO, Category: Administrative & Office ]
Wageningen UR Uganda (WUU)
Deadline of this Job:
15th July 2019
Within Uganda, Kampala, East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI) is the interdisciplinary and internationally focused unit of Wageningen University & Research Centre. CDI works on processes of innovation and change through facilitating innovation, brokering knowledge and supporting capacity development.
Wageningen UR Uganda (WUU) is implementing a 4-year ISSD Plus project funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kampala. The programme aims to strengthen the development of a vibrant, pluralistic and market-oriented seed sector that is able to address key challenges that hamper the seed sector development such as seed quality assurance and availability of foundation seed.
Wageningen UR Uganda is searching for vibrant experienced suitable Procurement Officer.
Post: Procurement Officer (1) ISSD Plus project
Duty station: Kampala
Reports to: Chief of Operations Officer.
The Procurement Officer has oversight of all purchases of goods or services for Wageningen UR Uganda (WUU’s) operations. Working closely with programmes, administration. and finance. the Procurement Officer is very instrumental in supporting programme activities and in ensuring effectiveness and elﬂciency in delivery of goods and services to WUU. The procurement orﬁcer will report to the Chief of Operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Manage the purchase of goods and services in relation to the approved procurement policy manual
• Liaise with key employees to determine their product and service needs to develop a procurement plan and execute it in accordance with the WUU procurement policy
• Manage the procurement process from solicitation of quotations and proposals for requested goods and services by staff
• Evaluate the quotations received. with technical input from component leads requesting department
• Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for the organization’s goods and services without sacriﬁcing quality or delivery times.
• Preparation of contracts for goods and services as required
• Follow up and ensure timely delivery of procured goods and services to WUU.
• Advise Admin Office on payments due to suppliers for successfully delivered goods and services
• Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
• Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for the organization. Manage relationship with the suppliers as the contact person for all procurements.
• Conduct periodic pre-qualiﬁcation of suppliers and services providers and make recommendations to your supervisor
• Review the performance of the pre-qualiﬁed supplier’s lists and report on the status of the relationships
• Researches new products and services to meet organizational goals
Reporting & Compliance Management:
• Review the procurement policy and practices to match with best practices and share recommendations with your supervisor
• Ensure compliance with donor and WUU regulations related to WUU procurement manual, ﬁnance manual, and all WUU policies
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on procurement Matters
Education, knowledge and skills required:
The successful candidate is capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, takes initiative, is self-driven, energetic, as well as high emotional intelligence. S/he should have a high level of personal integrity, a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority. Commitment to long-term programme sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain. Logistics, Procurement Management is desired; 3+ years’ experience in procurement and logistics, with strong organizational skills; Adaptability to unanticipated circumstances; Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision; Proven track record of highest personal integrity; Working proﬁciency in English; Proﬁciency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint packages; Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills; Good Negotiator, Data Analysis skills, Good Business Instincts, Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities, Experience as a Procurement Clerk or Junior Buyer..
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: 3+ years
Job application procedure
Interested candidates can send their cover letters and resumes (max.-4 pages) with three referees that can testify on the candidates’ competences and skills to handle the tasks. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not attach Certiﬁcates or academic credentials. Deadline for application is 15th of July 2019. For detailed job descriptions please visit our website atwww.issduganda.org