Job Title: Products Manager
Organisation: KCB Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Products Manager will ensure planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and working closely with sales and marketing teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. This role also provides direction, coordination, and execution of specific bank projects. It exists to carry out analysis on the new and existing products and implementation of the Product/Project strategy in line with the bank business pla Its major expected end results are to tap into the customers’ needs and to provide information on how to make them more profitable and keep ahead of competitors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new and innovate products and services both Assets and Liabilities that appeal to the Bank’s core market niches.
- Monitor and ensure bank products perform to the targeted financial & strategic plans and control income leakages.
- Regularly conduct product appraisals on existing and new products with the aim of reviewing performance of each product.
- Carry out internal awareness campaigns for both new and existing products which will result in a high level of internal preparedness and improve performance of existing products
- Developing new and innovative collaborative schemes with Organizations and /or Companies through which the banks existing or new products and services can be cost effectively and efficiently delivered to target market/customer segments.
- Refining the Banks existing products and services in order to ensure that they meet the bank’s desired performance and customer preferences and needs.
- Provide direction, pace and support to project teams to deliver on time, within budget and meet the set objectives.
- Monitor and report on progress on project implementation against set milestones to all key stakeholders.
- Interface strategically to cultivate and manage relationships with all key stakeholders to understand their needs and implement all key projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Three to five years’ experience in product development and management.
- Professional Qualifications in Postgraduate qualification in banking or Marketing
- Business acumen
- Project management, Ideation and concept development
- Experience in developing and supporting business strategy is essential.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practice in Banking.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 6th September 2019