Job Title: Programme Accountant
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Soroti, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Programme Accountant will provide financial technical support to the programme/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Raise, receive and review voucher interface files and ProVision requests from the programme/cluster for the completeness/accuracy of data, account codes and provide feedback on daily basis
- Accuracy of expense coding and cost allocation
- Clean Balance Sheet items, no account to be overdue more than 30days- ( Account allocation)
- Review and manage the mobile money transactions for the programme/ cluster and ensure timely and accurate mobile reconciliations by 10th following month
- Programme/Cluster Mobile money account well managed and reconciled within standard monthly
Financial planning & budget management:
- Complete and consolidate the programme/AP Budgets, upload into Horizon by August and to Share point by December each financial year
- Monitor budget and cash-flows by ensuring expenditures are within the budget limits, identify and provide variances explanations for management decision making by 13th monthly
- 100% Projects Budgets in Horizon and Sun systems
- Zero project with True Overspending at end of the FY.
- 95-100% Spending per quarter
- Generate and review Sun systems generated and other financial reports for the programme/ cluster and share/discuss the reports with the cluster teams on 11th monthly and have final reports filed at the cluster by 15th each month
- Accurate and timely financial report
- Monthly financial reports and minutes of FFR discussions signed off by all staff
- 100% completion of LDR.
- Take lead in the cluster internal and external audit and ensure that audit recommendations are implemented on a timely basis, that is within the 90 days
- Update asset registers to monitor and manage programme/ cluster assets) in accordance with WV Finance Manual on quarterly basis
- Carry out routine field visits to ascertain value for money and items reaching correct beneficiaries.
- No Repeated Audit Findings
- Zero Audit recommendation implemented over 90 days
- >90% of Acceptable audit opinion and no significant issues reported.
- Quarterly AP monitoring visits
- Provide technical financial support and hands on to programme/ cluster Assistant Accountant, Program staff and partners within the cluster
- 100% KPIs set with Assistant accountants.
- Quarterly performance reviews for Assistant accountants and support plans discussions
- Hands on support to non-finance staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision job must hold a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the field(communities)
- Previous working knowledge and experience of SUN accounting software
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 22nd May 2023