Job Title: Programme Associate SC 6 Partnerships Management (400710)
Organisation: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Job Summary: To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, compile and maintain a partnership Roster with key information of the cooperating partners (prospective and Current Partners);
- Maintain accurate records (FLAs and other documents) and regularly update partnerships information including contact information (physical, emails, telephones) and be able to produce reports, statistical information and tables including contract values from time to time;
Training and Engagement
- Work alongside the field/area office to provide trainings to staff on the contents of the FLAs and budgets to ensure they are well equipped to monitor the implementation of the programmes in their jurisdictions;
- In consultation with the Head of the unit, seek technical support from UGA CO Risks Management Officer and RBN to ensure the team is properly supported and receives necessary guidance;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a University degree from accredited University in Economics, Politics or any another other related field
- At least three years of relevant working experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and under minimum supervision;
- Strong written and analytical skills;
- Strong computing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Experience working with policy discussions
- Basic knowledge of one of the local language.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluations specific to NGOs
- Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance: Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
- Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers): Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
- Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas: Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
- Emergency Programming: Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
- Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government: Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the online portal link below.
Deadline: Friday 17th February 2023