Job Title: Projects Accountant
Organisation: Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Projects Accountant (Donor)
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is responsible for bulk purchase of electricity from the generating companies and selling the electricity in bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda. UETCL is also responsible for all exports and imports of electricity to Uganda. UETCL envisions: “To become a leading strategic business partner in the transmission and Single Buyer Business and to support sustainable energy development in Uganda.”
Job Summary: The Projects Accountant will support the Senior Projects Accountant (Donor) by managing both the financial and administrative function in the Projects Accounts office in the most efficient manner so as to implement the ISDB funded projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Capture available accounting data in to the system for the ultimate purpose of producing Project Final Accounts for the ongoing Donor Funded Projects:
- Capture Contractor Invoices/Certificates into the Accounting System.
- Capture Available counterpart funding expenses in to the Accounting System.
- Coding Data and categorizing the expenditure captured according to the agreed categories.
- Generating the necessary Financial Statements for review.
Preparation of Financial input to Quarterly Reports for the Projects;
- Prepare and submit accurate financial information for the quarterly reports.
- Assist in Preparation of Donor Accountability Reports
- Agree on forecasts for the next expenditure period as required in the financial manuals
Assist in preparation of Project Payments in accordance with disbursement policies pertaining to each Loan portfolio/GoU regulations:
- Process Project Payments as and when approvals are given;
- Tasked with the preparation and update of all ledgers.
Identify, develop and maintain Main Contractor Management Schedules in accordance with laid down Payment procedures and contractual obligations:
- Maintain up-to-date Project Contractor payment schedules.
- Reconcile contractor payments and ledgers.
- Keenly monitor contractor price billing schedules.
- Monitor Contractual obligations;- contract and guarantee expiry, payment terms etc.
Prepare replenishments to the Special Accounts:
- Reconcile IsDB special accounts to determine replenishable levels.
- Prepare expenditure categorization ready for replenishments.
- Obtain quarterly, bi-annual fund requirements from Project coordination for input in replenishment requests.
- Organize Expenditure Justifications as attachments to support replenishment applications.
Assist in coordination of External Audit of the Projects:
- Avail expenditure supporting documentation to external Auditors including counterpart expenditure supporting documentation during Audit of Projects.
- Offer appropriate explanations to External Auditors on Disbursement issues.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Projects Accountant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration or Finance or any other business related field.
- Part qualification and/ or membership of the internationally recognised professional institutions such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ICPAU etc.
- At least five years of post University qualification experience as Project Accountant in a commercial environment with a bias in financial management, contract management and budgeting.
- Computer proficiency i.e. ability to work with any of the Sun Systems Accounting packages 5.2, 5.3 and or 5.4 and use basic computer software like Ms-office packages.
- Excellent analytical ability, goal oriented and self-driven individual who thrives on taking on responsibility and achieving results both independently and as part of a team.
- Show commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Efficient and effective in administration.
- Willingness to work long hours.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal good communication skills.
- Team work and business awareness.
- Hold a valid National Driving Permit.
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualification certificates and testimonials along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, fax or e-mail and giving three (3) referees to:
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited
P.O. Box 7625
Deadline: 21st July 2017