Job Title: MER Coordinator Pink Revolution
Organisation: Plan International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator, Pink Revolution
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago and is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, development and implementation of the M& E frameworks and data management
- Lead research, documentation, learning, and support reporting functions
- Initiation and coordination of reviews (mid-term reviews and final evaluations) and routine monitoring.
- Responsible for the M&E, including programme publications and maintenance of the programme resource centre.
- Responsible for archiving of project documents, reports, minutes, etc from start to closure.
- He/she will be a member of the PU team that may be delegated on other ME role in other on going and or new grants projects.
- Leads the process of developing a monitoring and evaluation plan and frameworks for the project.
- Supports Plan International implementing partners to streamline M&E systems for effective execution of M&E functions.
- Develops indicators, monitoring frameworks and tools for the project.
- Implements the project M&E framework and coordinate tasks and processes for monitoring project progress. Leads and manages documentation of the project data/information. Trains and coaches Plan International Uganda and partner staff on use of the M&E framework, data collection and documentation tools.
- Offers technical assistance to project staff on participatory monitoring methodologies with children and communities.
- Supports project evaluations and all MER initiatives to the highest quality as per Evaluation and Research standards.
- Records and analyses project monitoring data to support effective project reporting and decision making.
- Works in liaison with the Project coordinator to develop project progress reports.
- Takes lead in documentation of project successes, best practices, case studies, lessons learnt and reflections from the project to enhance learning.
- Conducts project data quality assessments
- Compile and disseminate M&E information needed for periodic project planning.
- Supports work and budget planning under the supervision of the project Coordinator
- Works closely with the Project Coordinator in sharing project information and progress to enhance project accountability to stakeholders.
- Regularly shares programme updates between Plan International Uganda and partners Works closely with the Project Coordinator to profile project activities both in local and international media networks through, events, launches and campaigns.
- Collates the needed data/information to support development of cases to advance advocacy efforts for the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Plan International MER Coordinator Pink Revolution job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies/ Social Sciences/ economics/statistics or its equivalent.
- Training on relevant M&E software (MS office, in design, Acrobat, Internet, web).
- In-depth knowledge of current communication issues and trends, particularly in the humanitarian sector.
- Knowledge of environment and current effective practice on monitoring & evaluation.
- Good knowledge of how the media and journalists work in Uganda.
- Good understanding of child rights and development.
- Good understanding of gender and gender transformative programming.
- Significant MER experience working in an emergency response contexts
- Three years’ experience in performing both communications and M&E functions of a project.
- Experience in supporting partner organisations to conduct communications and M&E activities.
- Pro-active and highly committed to monitoring and sharing the project’s work
- Communicates effectively (verbal, written and online).
- Organised and able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities within short deadlines.
- Records and filing skills for maintaining information resources and publications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues in Plan International Uganda partner organizations as well as key external actors; hence a team player.
- Fluency in English and good working knowledge of local languages.
- Use of social media-Facebook, twitter, writing blogs etc.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their letters of application, together with updated CVs, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history and send to:
The Country Human Resources and Organizational Development Manager,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 9th February 2018