Job Title: Recovery Officer
Organisation: FINCA Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FINCA Uganda Limited was the first licensed micro-finance deposit taking institution in Uganda, and part of a global network which serves over 1,000,000 clients in 22 countries. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.
Job Summary: The Recovery Officer is responsible for securing timely repayments through daily field visits to delinquent customers, supporting daily branch and bailiff activities in branches assigned while maintaining positive relationships with customers, and minimizing and controlling losses to FINCA Uganda through proper management of overdue credit facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and Coordinating recovery activities for both active and written-off loans at assigned FINCA branches.
- Ensuring that the escalation process is followed by all Branches and all recovery efforts/documents are completed and filed at the Branch.
- Negotiating payment of active and written-off customers, securing promises to pay within set guidelines and targets.
- Maintenance of 100% compliance with all policies and regulatory requirements across collection activities.
- Negotiating with debtors and ensuring that they repay the bad debts at the lowest cost to the Bank.
- Carrying out periodical visits to active and written-off customer securities and advising management on the condition of the security.
- Identifying and advising management on all delinquent accounts that require legal proceedings on a regular basis.
- Coordinating the allocation of bad loans to court bailiffs and ensuring that proper approval is obtained at the time of allocation.
- Ensuring that court bailiffs received formal written instruction before proceeding with cases.
- Participating in periodic reviews of the recovery procedures and advising management on the new development in the recovery process.
- Daily reviewing and updating of the Field Collections tool providing status updates to your supervisor for all loans under your follow-up.
- Ensuring that proper procedures are followed in the liquidation of customer collaterals and guiding the branch and the recovery agents on the recovery process.
- Following up and ensuring that all recoveries from active and written-off loans are properly booked and reconciled on a regular basis.
- Managing and maintaining the monthly reporting requirements for the assigned loans.
- Training and guiding branch staff on the best practices in the recovery of delinquent loans.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in finance and banking, accounting, or any relevant field.
- At least three years of working experience in the credit function of the financial industry.
- Basic understanding of the bank branch credit operations, rules and regulations, laws, granting loans, and credit risk management.
- Good problem-solving, negotiation, interpersonal and convincing skills.
- Patience and understanding of emotions to deal with clients.
- Excellent organizing, recording, and filing skills.
- Strong dedication to accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to use and communicate in Lugbara, Alur, and Kakwa languages.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including their present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 7th March 2023