Job Title: Receptionist (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals aged communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
Job Summary: The Receptionist will manage the front office space. Being the first face visitors are greeted with, the individual will need to be friendly, knowledgeable and hospitable. She will report to the Human Resources and Administration Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and answer telephone calls and greet all visitors in a professional and courteous manner and direct them to appropriate staff member,
- Distribute office mail and send out mail/ packages to the appropriate hosts and couriers:
- Develop and update an office mailing and contact list
- Assist with travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visiting headquarter staff, if applicable, including hotel bookings and airline reservations;
- Participate in the development of, and manage JSI welcome packages for visitors:
- Assist to arrange and coordinate office conferences/retreats, and other office events and ensure its documentation, minutes are tracked, signed and filed.
- Prepare time sheets for office helper. Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Human Resources and Administration Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Secretarial services or Office Science and Management or similar qualification from a recognized Institution
- At least three years of experience in a similar office administrative position;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines;
- Ability to manage office equipment like computers, and projectors
- Good filing and secretarial skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software
- Excellent written and verbal English skills Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and always maintain a high level of confidentiality
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs with cover letters to: email@example.com
Deadline: 12th May 2023