Job Title: Grants Officers (6 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals aged communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
Job Summary: The Grants Officer is a full-time position based in Kampala or one of five regions, listed above. They will work directly with the Grants Manager to ensure that all grants meet USAID rules and regulations requirements throughout the life of the Activity. They will be responsible for the overall monitoring of the regional grants including budget tracking, expenditure projections, compliance, and reporting of the grantees. They will ensure cost-effectiveness, operational efficiency and accountability throughout the life of the Project. The Grants Officer will report either to the Grants Manager (Kampala) or the Regional Program Coordinator (regions).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage grants administration including assisting with the application, selection and awarding process as necessary, coordinating program activities related to the scope of work of grantees, ensuring submission and as necessary review of program and financial documentation, and providing capacity building support and monitoring of grantee performance,
- Manage, monitor and maintain a grants management system for distribution of Activity sub-grants;
- Conduct pre-award assessments of grantees in coordination with other staff, develop capacity building plans, and provide support to grantees to address any gaps identified;
- Work in close partnership with grantees to strengthen their capacity and follow up on supervision visits and capacity building action plans; Develop mechanisms for appropriate monitoring and financial management to fulfill USAID requirements for grantees;
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of grantees, including regular site visits with project staff, Ensure financial accountability for sub-grants, including the review of financial reports and documentation submitted by grantees;
- Ensure that all grantees meet USG administrative requirements regarding inventory systems, financing reporting, VAT reporting, etc;
- Provide any other administrative support related to grants management as needed;
- Help and support field visits;
- Help and support audit missions from the Activity team and JSI HO;Help and support in grants close-out, and Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Grants Manager or Regional Program Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, and/or other relevant area;
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting and administration of grants in Uganda, with experience in health program grants or with NGOs preferred;
- Experience working with Civil Society Organizations and Faith Based Organizations in the respective region; Financial experience with a USAID-supported project and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required; Experience mentoring, training or other capacity building interventions for grantees;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access);
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and willingness to take initiative; Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member, and
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with close attention to detail.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and Interested applicants Please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 8th July 2022