Job Title: Research Assistant – Inclusive and Resilient Education (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Job Summary: As part of the VSO’s Knowledge, Evidence and Learning team you will support research activities including translation, data collection, collation, interviewing, facilitation of focus group discussions, data analysis and report writing.
Also Read: Software Developer Job – SurePay Ltd
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a relevant degree in social science/development studies or related subject.
- At least two years of related work experience
- Experience in education domain and livelihoods domain are desired
- Undertaking quantitative and qualitative research and assessment exercises; knowledge and experience of using mixed methods will be an advantage.
- User experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis through use of relevant analysis software packages.
- Comparative analysis, report-writing, and presentation skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and working knowledge of at least two of the following local languages: Arabic, Acholi, Kakwa/Kuku and Lugbabra/Aringa (interviews and field work shall be in English).
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas and willingness to work flexibly as required.
- Respect and commitment to volunteering for development as VSO’s core development methodology.
Competencies and Behaviour
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 20th January 2023