Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill Two (2) MSc. Scholarship opportunities available in the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering under a RUFORUM-funded project entitled “Development of a low-cost pineapple drier and utilization of agricultural waste to enhance income
security among small-holder farmers in Kayunga District.”
Proposed MSc. Research Themes
1. Design and optimization of a cooker-dryer system
2. Optimal use of vermi-composting technology to enhance agricultural productivity
· Applicants should be young, enthusiastic, result-oriented and innovative individuals below 28 years of age.
· Both female and male applicants stand an equal chance.
· Applicants should be in possession of good first degree (Atleast an Upper Second) in Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any relevant field from a recognised University.
· Applicants who are already admitted for MSc. Agricultural Engineering or preferably completed 1st year course work at Makerere University stand a higher chance.
· Successful candidates should be ready to embark on research as soon as they are granted the scholarship (as early15th November 2014).
How to Apply for the scholarship?
Interested candidates are required to submit their applications with a brief motivation letter for the scholarship. All should attach: a brief CV; Copies of Academic Transcripts; and atleast two (2) Academic Referee Letter(s).
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview by phone or email.
Applications should be hand-delivered or emailed to:
Dr. Zziwa Ahamada
1ST Floor, Room A2-13
Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
School of Food Technology Nutrition and Bio-Engineering
Food Science & Technology Building
Deadline for submission of Applications is 5th November 2014