Summit Foundation (SUFO) is a leading youth civil society and development organization, incorporated as a nonprofit company limited by guarantee, and working in the Acholi region, Northern Uganda since 2009. The organization has been at the forefront of youth empowerment, participation and development in the region, and internationally, and has significantly contributed to some of the most crucial legal and policy efforts in Uganda and African region. In 2009, a few months after launching its extraordinary and innovative youth programme, the organization participated in the development of the East African Youth Charter on Human Rights and Good Governance, an initiative spearheaded by African Youth Trust (Nairobi) and strategic allies in the East African Community member states.
In September 2009, SUFO represented Uganda at the African Union conference to develop and validate the Decade of Youth 2009 – 2018 Plan of Action, and the Plan was later approved by the Conference of Ministers of Youth Affairs in 2011. Prior to the Uganda’s General Elections in 2011, SUFO worked closely with Uganda Youth Network and key youth civil society organizations in the country, and developed the National Youth Manifesto 2011 – 2016, led the popularization of this manifesto in Acholi region, and got several local politicians to commit to implementation of this manifesto when elected.
Job Summary: The Senior Administrative Assistants will be responsible for managing the day–to–day administration of all office functions, providing direct support to three executive staff members (Chief Operating Officer, Chief Finance Officer, and Chief Partnerships Officer) and supporting the Executive Secretary in managing and coordinating the Executive Office of the CEO at the Central Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering telephones and taking detailed messages,
- Draft correspondences, format letters and type documents using MS Word,
- Proofread technical letters and reports
- Arrange meetings for staff and take meeting minutes,
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry into the database using MS Excel
- Develop charts and graphs in MS PowerPoint
- Produce materials for publications,
- Compile and submit reports as requested,
- Organize weekly Executive Management Team meetings with executive staff members,
- Implement and maintain the SUFO Central Office filing system, order office supplies for the Central Office and the departmental Offices, and
- Carry out any other administrative additional duties and projects as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate for Senior Administrative Assistant (SAA) should hold a bachelor’s degree in business administration, or social sciences, or related secretarial studies;
- Three or more years of progressively responsible leadership experience in a major nonprofit company or division of a large organization in the area of administration and secretarial services.
- Computer literacy i.e. advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with excellent proofreading and editing skills and strong verbal and written communication skills and extraordinary interpersonal skills.
How to Apply for the job:
If you are interested in applying for either of the above positions, please submit in your application package using the Application Form provided, and a copy of your latest Resume and Academic Documents to: Chief Executive Officer, Summit Foundation (SUFO), Central Office, Plot 22 Patiko Road, P.O. Box 751 Gulu, Uganda, East Africa. The completed applications can be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com, with the subject line marked, “Application for Senior Administrative Assistant.”
Deadline: Friday, November 21, 2014 by 16:00 Hours