Job Title: Senior Environment Inspector (Air Quality, Noxious Smells and Noise)
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Environment Inspections, Monitoring and Audits
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 and continued under the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 as the principal agency for environment management in Uganda charged with regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
Job Summary: The Senior Environment Inspector (Air Quality, Noxious Smells and Noise) will support Environment Inspections, Monitoring and Audits
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Support Manager Environment Inspections, Monitoring and Audits to:
- Develop and implement division Work Plans, Budgets and prepare timely reporting
- Develop and implement Plans and Strategies for effective environment inspections, monitoring and audits to support enforcement of laws, standards and conditions of approval of developments
- Conduct Environment Inspections, Monitoring and Audits and ensure remedial actions are taken
- Facilitate identification, appointment, gazettement, capacity development and supervision of Environment Inspectors
- Provide technical support to law enforcement operations, compliance and prosecution
- Supervise and appraise staff
- Monitor and ensure that staff comply with Policies, laws and best environment practices
- Mobilise Resources for Environment Inspections, Monitoring and Audits
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of Environment and Natural Resources Management or Chemistry or Engineering
- A Master’s Degree in Environment and Natural Resources or Environment Science Technology
- Must have at least three (3) years relevant professional working experience in Environment and Natural Resources Management in a reputable organization
- Leadership, team building and supervision skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent scholarly writing and publication skills
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Financial and human resource management skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Resource Mobilization skills
- Risk Management skills
- Marketing and Public Relations skills
- Command of excellent Information Communication Technology skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Research and innovation skills
- Knowledge and skills in handling scientific equipment and tools
How to Apply:
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form, Download Here, and fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Deadline: 16th April 2023