Job Title: Stores Attendant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Mukwano Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Stores Officer
Job Ref. No. MIUL/SA-KLA
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive supplies and equipment procured and delivered to the field site/locations for program activities.
- Inspect deliveries to confirm that materials delivered conform to the details of the Purchase Order, Delivery Note and or Way Bill and that they are free of any damage before accepting them into the store.
- Write out a Goods Received Note (GRN) for every consignment received.
- Prepare payment request vouchers for goods delivered, ensuring that all the relevant documents required have been attached. Ensure that the vouchers are approved and payments issued out to suppliers.
- Make entries onto all stock control records (Warehouse Register, Bin Cards, and Stock Cards).
- Ensure that the store is tidy and well-arranged all the time to ease removal of or getting in materials and or movement of people.
- Ensure safety and security of stores, equipment and materials kept in the store.
- Issue supplies and materials from the stores as per the duly authorized Stores Release Forms (SRF).
- Write out a Way Bill for materials being transported out from the store to the field site.
- Keep track of office supply levels and alert the inform you supervisor before stocks of particular items run out, and make orders for replenishment.
- Periodically carry out self-auditing to ensure that correct records are kept and systems and procedures are followed.
- Maintain and update goods information/record system for easy reference (copies of all relevant documentation including delivery notes, requisition notes, purchase orders, and shipment, reports, etc.)
- Control access to stores and ensure that only authorized personnel enter stores.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the stores Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma/ Advanced Certificate in Logistics/Procurement /Business Administration or related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience in supply chain management with good understanding stores procedures.
- Ability to work independently in carrying out assignments to completion.
- Highly effective Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation.
- Customer service orientation skills.
- Considerable ability to adhere to prescribed routines and practices; and compose effective and accurate correspondence.
- Dealing with non-routine matters, such as special projects, with minimum specific instructions.
- Decision making skills is required.
- Computer literate with hands on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should visit our website, Click Here and upload the Cover letter; CV and Academic Credentials OR send their Cover letter, CV and Academic documents to email@example.com stating the Job Ref No. in the subject line. All attachments should be submitted as a single PDF document.
Deadline: 14th October 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited. All successful candidates will be offered competitive remuneration packages.