Organisation: Ministry of Education and Sports
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Secretariat Coordinator
Job Reference: HCDP-HSP01
The Ministry of Education and Sports (MES), is a cabinet-level ministry of Uganda. It is mandated “to provide technical support, guide, coordinate, regulate and promote quality education, training and sports to all persons in Uganda for national integration, development and individual advancement”, according to the website of the ministry.
Job Summary: To coordinate the Health, Safety and Population Sub Programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and duties of the Programme Officer:
- Act as a technical link between the Programme Secretariat and the various Agencies and Institutions under the Health, Safety and Population Sub-Programme
- Monitor the Health, Safety and Population work plans, budgets and expenditures and contribute to preparation of reports.
- Schedule and organize meetings for the Health, Safety and Population Sub Programme
- Provide technical knowledge to support the various Agencies and Institutions under the Health, Safety and Population SubProgramme
- Prepare work plans (annual and quarterly) and reports (progress, quarterly and annual) related to the sub programme activities
- Support preparation of the budget framework paper for the Health, Safety and Population Sub-Programme
- Participate in quality assurance of Ministerial Policy statements for the Health, Safety and Population sub-programme.
- Coordinate the Health, Safety and Population Sub-programme Review activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Masters’ Degree in either Project Planning and Management or Business Administration, or Economics or Education or Health, or Gender Studies, or Development Studies from a recognized Institution/ University.
- An Honours Degree in either Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences or any humanity from a recognised University
- Professional qualification in Project Planning and Management
- At least six (06) years working experience in a reputable organization three of which should have been in Project or Programme Management in health, population and safety at a senior level.
- Demonstrated competence in the fields of Planning, Resource Mobilisation, Project Management, monitoring and evaluation.
How to Apply:
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position as specified in the job description above. All applicants should attach photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, curricula vitae, referee letters, plus recent passport-size photographs.
Eligible female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed applicants shall be contacted for the interview and final selection process.
Applications, quoting the job reference, should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Education and Sports,
Floor 4 Room 4.10, Embassy House,
King George VI Way,
P.O. Box 7063, Kampala, UGANDA
Hard copies should be hand delivered to Security Registry (Floor 4, Room 1), Embassy House
Electronic submissions are acceptable, but shall be in addition to the hard copies, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants should quote the job reference, and ensure that the submission package is as concise as possible, not exceeding 5MB.
Deadline: 11th November 2022 at 5:00 pm