The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies.
The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
The Regional Service Centre, as approved by the Member States, is owned, managed and staffed by the regional missions it serves. This framework reinforces the existing missions’ chain of command structures and lines of authority in a manner that does not create an additional layer between Headquarters and the regional missions. It also ensures that staffing for RSCE will be achieved through the redeployment of resources from the regional missions it serves.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direction and supervision of the Transport Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Receive and store spare parts from overseas and local vendors, checking quantities against packing lists and purchase orders, checking qualities as per requisitions specifications with Receiving and Inspection unit, receive them in the system Galileo by codification (open stock card number) and bin location setting. Organize the warehouse in a way to find the goods every time it is required to be database’s reflective.
- Use the computerized warehousing system (Galileo transaction history, Mercury and Business Object), analyze stock history data in order to maintain an efficient and reliable automated inventory-stock control system. Control the stock of expendable and non-expendable tools and equipment and prepare periodic reports on their locations and inventory
- Receive sector’s requests of spare parts and material; study them to ensure easy support to all MONUSCO regions or sectors through MOVCON unit for shipment and updating electronically the stock accordingly by preparing Transfer Vouchers or Issue Vouchers.
- Support the Store Manager with parts and equipment technical details by manipulation of parts manual or e-catalogues for maximizing requisition help identify and locate local vendors for petty cash and direct purchase.
- Intuitively review stock levels at a regular base to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained; obtain maximum productivity in the receiving, inspection and the consumption to facilitate the preparation of requisitions.
- Ensure the safe keeping of files and documents; classification, filling and archiving of store unit file documents.
- Assist and protect all sensitive Transport Section property in the stores.
- Execute any other tasks as requested by OIC Transport Stores.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the aforementioned United Nations job should possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Technical Training in Stores management is desirable
- A minimum of four or more years of progressively responsible working experience in the field of administrative or property management, logistics, procurement, warehousing, inventory control and/or other related fields.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Fluency in oral and written French is an added advantage.
Professionalism: Ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and Organisational: Develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join the United Nations in the aforementioned capacity should submit their applications which should include the following documents:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- The United Nations Personal History form (P-11), download here
- Copies of educational certificate(s) and a copy of National Driving License Class B, C, D, and E.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by e-mail and must include the Vacancy Announcement Number and the Job Title and send to: email@example.com
Or send to: RSCE, Entebbe Support Base, Buku Road, P.O Box 710. Entebbe. Uganda.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by e-mail and must include the Vacancy Announcement Number and the Job Title.
Application received after the established deadline will not be considered.
NB: All applicants MUST indicate the Job Opening # for which they are applying, on the subject line in the email or on the sealed envelope, e.g. RSCE-2014-TPT-GS-003, GL-4.
Deadline: 10th October, 2014