Job Title: Accounts Officer
Organisation: Kakira Sugar Limited
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
The Madhvani Group, a leading professionally managed industrial/service group, with an annual turnover exceeding USD 500 million, engaged in diverse operations. Kakira Sugar is owned by the Madhavani Group and it is extracted from cane grown on lush plantations on the shores of Lake Victoria. The sweet, sparkling crystals with their distinctive taste and flavour, and rich golden colour, have sweetened dishes all over Uganda since the 1930s
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for dealing with banks, accounts payable, out-growers farmers accounts for cane supply, receivable and general accounting.
- Reconciliation of accounts including bank reconciliations under on-line SAP environment with 150 users on SAP.
- Preparation of cash flow statements, annual budget and Management information reports.
- Compliance of statutory requirements for VAT; Excise Duty, PAYE, income Tax and NSSF.
- Liaise with internal and Statutory Auditors, supervision and control of the day-to-day functioning of the Accounts Department
- Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should be holders of any of the following qualifications: Bachelor of Commerce, Masters in Business Administration (Accounting), CPA or ACCA.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in a similar working environment, with a thorough knowledge of SAP FICO Module.
- Candidates having FICO Certification will have added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with Photostat copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone number, contact addresses of two referees and quoting the job reference number on the upper left-hand corner of the envelope should be sent to: Mr. Moses H. Thenge Human Resources Manager Kakira Sugar Limited P.O. Box 121, Jinja – Uganda Tel. 0414-444000
Deadline: 17th December 2018