The East African Community (EAC) is the regional intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda and the Republic of Burundi with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania. The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Job Summary: The EAC Program Officer will support and facilitate the management and implementation of Partnership Fund activities and delivery of its services in line with EAC Rules and Regulations, in close collaboration with the Officers implementing the activities and within the timeframe, work plans, and budget of the project. The incumbent will also support Resource Mobilisation Office in the day-to-day functioning of the Partnership Fund.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Work Plan based on approval of the priorities by steering committee;
- Compile and submit monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports and organize, correspondingly, monthly, quarterly and annual progress reviews of Partnership fund;
- Organize Partnership Fund Steering Committee meetings (Preparation, facilitation and documentation);
- Support the implementation of the Resource Mobilisation strategy and specifically recruiting more donors to the fund;
- Perform other related duties as required by the Principal Resource Mobilisation Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The ideal candidate for the East African Community (EAC) vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognised university;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in programme/project management, funds management, fundraising proposal development;
- Strong fund management experience in donor funded projects;
- Sound experience in all aspects of project management cycle (design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation);
- Proven experience in networking, building sustainable business partnerships and managing relationships with diversified Donors/Developmental Partners;
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills (speaking, report writing and presenting in English).
- Strong experience in resource mobilisation and fundraising
How to Apply for the job:
All citizens of the East African Community Partner States (Burundi, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda) are invited to by submitting their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees.
NB: Please quote the respective reference number on both on the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Please also Note:
You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
The complete applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of academic certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Send hard copies to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue:
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Monday, 10th November 2014.