Job Title: Fleet Assistant (14 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor Fleet
Job Code: HRM/072/700
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Fleet Assistant will mainly monitor the maintenance of assigned URA vehicle and transport official passengers and items to support business operations in the Authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the URA Fleet Assistant job opportunities should hold an O’ Level qualification
- Three years of driving experience in a reputable organization.
- Hold a clean and valid driving permit with at least class B
- Certificate in Defensive driving is desired
- Specialized training in basic automobile mechanics
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Driving permit class (DL, CM, DM, DH)
- Knowledge of Traffic and Road Safety Act, Fleet management policy
- The incumbent must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer care b) S/he should have the ability to multi task
- The incumbent should have Integrity &Confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills
- The incumbent should be an excellent time manager
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link, Click Here, ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: 5th May 2018 at 11:59pm