Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited (Eskom)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and Southsudan. Our client, Eskom is a subsidiary company based in South Africa. Their business is operating and maintaining Nalubaale and Kiira hydroelectric Power Stations. Their mission is to be the Centre of Excellence in Power Concession Management.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will support Eskom in ensuring economic and efficient procurement of goods and services that meet the Quality standards, in line with both company and procurement strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supplier Relationship Management:
· In charge of preparing high level project and routine purchasing reports as required (monthly)
· Update and maintain records on purchase price information on both open market and contract purchases
· Implement the bidding processes for goods, works and Services in accordance with standard tender procedures
· Resolve delivery problems and complaints, vendor disputes concerning contract obligations, as well as verbal and written protests from unsuccessful bidders
· Administer contracts and purchase orders to ensure compliance with bid specifications, requirements, vendor performance, delivery receipt, contract compliance, payment scheduling, etc.
· Serve on evaluation and tender committees as required and participate in contract negotiations
· Regularly review and analyze all purchases to ensure justification exists for tender awards and policy is followed
· Develop mitigation measures to curb the risk inherent in the procurement process
· Provide timely feedback to user departments.
· Responsible for departmental administrative issues such as maintaining/revising policies and procedures
· Interpret purchasing policies, relay instructions of policy and procedure revision to other departments
· Carries out research, prepare reports and analyze data as needed to support operations and to provide assistance to other departments
· Represents department at various meetings with administration, vendors, external agencies, professional organizations, and other groups.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/supplies/logistics management.
· Possession of Professional qualifications e.g. CIPS, CILT is a must
· Working knowledge of the PPDA act.
· A minimum of three years’ work experience in a similar role in an industrial environment.
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Good team player
· Customer Focus
· Excellent communication skills
· High degree of tenacity and Integrit
· Highly proactive
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Results Oriented
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (send as one document) to our e-mail to: email@example.com
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
· Kindly mark your application as “Application _your name _ Procurement Officer ” in the subject line of your email.
· Ladies are encouraged to apply.
· Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th September 2015