Job Title: Internal Audit Supervisor
Organization: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Finance Trust Bank is licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank after taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 400,000 depositors and over 23,000’ borrowers, through a network of 36 branches countrywide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The Internal Audit Supervisor will mainly review the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control, risk management documentation and contribute towards improvement of those systems at FTB.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop risk based audit plans for the units/entities to be audited.
- Audit and prepare quality working papers that comply with standards and policy.
- Prepare quality draft reports for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Mentor and supervise staff on audit assignments and develop staff in line with policy and training needs.
- Review of Bank of Uganda monthly and weekly returns.
- Coordinate and follow up the status of implementation of the audit recommendations and prepare periodical reports to Board and Senior Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Finance Trust Bank (FTB) Internal Audit Supervisor job opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or business related field
- Professional qualifications like CIA, ACCA, CPA.
- A minimum of three (3) years of working experience in Auditing and Banking in a financial institution or External Accounting/Auditing Firm.
- Computer literacy i.e. good knowledge of MS Office, related applications & Banking Software
- Demonstrated high integrity, independence, objectivity, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Good leadership and supervisory skills.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- High level of Organization.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good personal presentation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to travel upcountry frequently.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should address their applications to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to email@example.com as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, a CV with at least three reference contacts, including the most recent employer, and telephone number.
Deadline: 10th August 2018