Vacancy title: 25 HMIS Independent Consultants
Type: FULL TIME.
Jobs at: USAID
Deadline of this Job: 16th December 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
SCOPE OF WORK: HMIS Independent Consultants (25)
Nature of consultancy: Short Term
Project name: USAID Defeat TB Project
The USAID Defeat Tuberculosis (TB) Activity (Defeat TB) is a five-year project (2017 –
2022) that aims to increase TB case detection and treatment success to 90% of all cases
to end the TB epidemic in Uganda. The project realizes its achievements through health systems strengthening at national, sub-national, and health facility levels with a focus on improving health worker competencies including quality improvement (QI), community systems, diagnostics, logistics, leadership, data quality and use. Defeat TB provides technical assistance (TA) to the National TB and Leprosy Program (NTLP) and direct service delivery (DSD) support to focus districts of Kampala, Wakiso, and Mukono, seven DR-TB sites in Uganda in the CDC-funded region. The project also provides TA to 10 DR-TB sites in close collaboration with Regional USAID implementation mechanisms.
USAID Defeat TB Project is seeking to recruit HMIS Independent consultants on short term basis periodically as stipulated in the dates below over the course of the year.
The HMIS independent consultants (25 positions available) will be responsible for ensuring that reports from all TB diagnostic and treatment units in Kampala, Mukono and Wakiso districts (Currently 126) is reported quarterly into the MoH DHIS2 platform and that the QI collaborative sites in the same districts (Currently 65) project monthly reports are also compiled and submitted in the time specified every end of the quarter
Dates of assignment:
• 2nd to 15th Jan 2020 (10 Working days)
• 1st to 16th April 2020 (10 Working days)
• 1st to 14th July 2020 (10 Working days).
• Conduct monthly report compilation and entry for each month in the respective period of engagement for all 65 TB treatment units in the Urban TB collaborative
• Support the compilation of HMS106A quarterly report for all the DTUs in the Urban TB area
• Conduct quarterly technical assessments in 65 QI collaborative sites using the Defeat TB technical assessment tool.
• Assist in data cleaning and response to quarries raised in each reporting period to ensure that no validation issues go unanswered
• Ensure that all supported treatment units submit their data into DHIS2 in a timely and complete manner
• Participate in supporting Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) as and when it is deemed necessary by the project MEL team.
• Ensure the correct and consistent use of HMIS registers for TB services monitoring in supported sites by offering the needed coaching and mentorship during the periods of engagement
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Complete project monthly reports collected and captured in the project electronic system
• HMIS106A reports collection supported and submitted to DHIS2
• Quarterly Assessments completed and reports available for all 65 QI collaborative sites.
• DQA reports as and when applicable
• Brief narrative report narrating experiences and action points during these exercises
Requirements for the position:
• At least a bachelor’s degree in I.T, computer science, statistics, mathematics or any other relevant quantitative based course
• Data entry skills in research settings or public health programming.
• HMIS reports compilation experience with emphasis on TB indicators
• Experience in DHIS2 for Uganda MoH will be an added strong advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
If interested, please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th December 2019 clearly stating the Position (HMIS Independent Consultant) in the subject