Job Title: Academic Registrar
Organisation: Law Development Centre (LDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director
Law Development Centre (LDC) will provide legal education to lawyers and non-lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reforms, produce legal publications, teaching materials and law reports, and also provide community legal services.
Job Summary: The Academic Registrar will coordinate the management of academic programmes, admissions, registration and examinations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage students’ admissions (including preparation of admission letters) and registration.
- To coordinate with Heads of academic departments in the orientation of students.
- To supervise the creation, update, issuance and storage of academic records.
- To liaise with teaching departments in the development, preparation and implementation of academic programs.
- To coordinate the preparation, administration and marking of examinations and other assessments.
- To develop and implement a realistic examination management system.
- To handle all matters associated with the issuing of academic transcripts and certificates.
- To manage students’ admissions, registration and academic records.
- To verify and certify academic documents issued by LDC.
- To plan and coordinate preparations for academic ceremonies.
- To develop and implement a quality assurance framework for academic programmes.
- To supervise students data creation, storage and usage.
- To supervise, guide and manage staff performance under his/her direct report and guide them in accordance with the law, policies and regulations in force.
- To develop and implement departmental work plans and budgets.
- To issue students’ identity cards.
- To provide the secretariat for the academic board.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s (Hon) degree in Social Sciences or Arts or Education, or Management.
- Master’s degree in Public Administration and Management or Education Management or Business Administration or Management science.
- At least eight (8) years’ work experience in managing academic affairs, 5 of which should have been at a managerial level or its equivalent in a large institution of higher learning.
- He/she should be a strategic planner.
- Interpersonal relationship and management skills.
- Creativity and innovativeness.
- Ability to embrace change management.
- He/she should be a person of high integrity.
- Results Oriented.
- Effective communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- He/she should be a team builder.
How to Apply:
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed and up to date CVs, certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates and any other supporting documents, day time telephone contacts and addresses of two referees (including the current employer where applicable) to:
The Ag. Head, Human Resource and Administration,
Law Development Centre,
P.O. Box 7117, Kampala, Uganda.
Applications should be hand delivered to the LDC reception at Kampala, Mbarara or Lira campus, or soft copy sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 20th January, 2023 by 5:00pm
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted