Job Title: Legal Officer – Law Reform (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Law Development Centre (LDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Law Reporting, Research & Law Reform
Law Development Centre (LDC) will provide legal education to lawyers and non-lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reforms, produce legal publications, teaching materials and law reports, and also provide community legal services.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer – Law Reform will participate in developing proposals, planning and implementing activities for Law Reform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in developing proposals for law reform.
- To carry out research on the proposed law(s) for reform.
- To draft advice and legal opinions to Parliament or any other body responsible for law reform.
- To participate in Research and Law reporting activities.
- To assist in planning and budgeting for departmental activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Law- LLB (Hon) degree.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
- Must be an enrolled Advocate of the High Court of Uganda.
- At least two (2) years’ work experience in law reform or related area of law.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications.
- Possesses strong relationship management skills.
- Should be creative and innovative.
- He/she should be a person of high integrity.
- Results Oriented.
- Effective communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- He/she should be a team player.
How to Apply:
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed and up to date CVs, certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates and any other supporting documents, day time telephone contacts and addresses of two referees (including the current employer where applicable) to:
The Ag. Head, Human Resource and Administration,
Law Development Centre,
P.O. Box 7117, Kampala, Uganda.
Applications should be hand delivered to the LDC reception at Kampala, Mbarara or Lira campus, or soft copy sent by email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 20th January, 2023 by 5:00pm
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted