[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Deadline of this Job:
31st July 2019
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM. FRC is currently seeking for dynamic, qualified Ugandans to fill the following positions;
1. POSITION : ACCOUNTANT – 1 POST
DUTY STATION : FRC COUNTRY OFFICE – KAMPALA
REPORTS TO : HUMAN RESOURCE & FINANCE MANAGER
DURATION : 3 YEARS (Renewable Annually)
The primary responsibility is to provide professional technical finance and accounting services, to keep a clean accounting system and procedures, and ensure timely reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Payment preparations (30%)
• Oversee all financial transactions to ensure conformity with approved accounting and budgetary control systems, procedures and regulations.
• Prepare and maintain staff payroll; posting of salary, NSSF and PAYE payments into electronic system, and preparation of salary slips to staff.
• Ensure all statutory filings and payments are prepared and remitted on a timely basis.
• Support the Program Manager to check advance requests from staff for project work.
Accounting and Financial Reporting (60%)
• Follow up and receive accountability of advances from project staff.
• Prepare monthly project cash accounts and book keeping, and bank reconciliations by 10th of every month, inclusive of monthly and annual income and expenditure statements for both HQ and donors.
• Assure that all finance related documents are stored appropriately in the FRC electronic filing system.
• Review the monthly audit trail and reports to ensure accuracy.
• Support HQ in the internal and external audit of accounts.
• Lead as focal point on all related issues with Statutory Regulators.
• Assist in controlling the approved budgets, and ensure that expenditures comply with grant/donor agreements.
• Assist in preparation of project proposal’s budgets.
• Carry out field verification visits for the different projects when relevant.
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce and Other degrees can be considered, if accompanied with full professional accounting qualification such as ACCA and CPA.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management an advantage.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a finance role.
• Flexible with good communication, feedback, interpersonal and assertive.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 Years
Job application procedure
Email Application by 31st July 2019 to; email@example.com
Include in your application letter:
• gross salary request,
• maximum 4-page long CV and 1-page Application letter on one attachment
• contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons.
Do not email copies of certificates. Those are requested from short listed candidates