Job Title: Executive Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Reports to: Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance & Administration)
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant will provide high level administrativesupport to the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance & Administration), through planning, organizing, coordinating and participation in all matters to support the smooth running of the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance & Administration). The job holder must exercise a high degree of initiative, tact and judgment and be a person of high integrity to protect the information and data they may come across while performing their duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage and coordinate the arrangements for all Board meetings and events that are the responsibility of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance & Administration);
· Carry out office and administrative detail functions to assist the operations of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance & Administration);
· In charge of planning, organising, prioritizing and processing a variety of assignments with other departments, Faculties and divisions;
· Handle administrative details not requiring the immediate attention of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance & Administration);
· Screen telephone calls and visitors in a polite and professional manner;
· Carry out diverse secretarial and clerical duties;
· Support the overflow needs of other departments, faculties and divisions;
· Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Master’s degree in any of the following areas, Business, Management, Law, Mass Communication or English Literature from a recognized institution of higher learning;
· Three years’ extensive experience in minute writing, editing and safe keeping of records
· Detailed working knowledge of higher education administration subject matter and student development theory to act as a resource for the exploration of new ideas;
· Collaborative, problem solving, planning and organizational skills, strong oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills;
· Excellent research, communication and organizational skills combined with a high level of computer literacy;
· Excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
· The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes: be honest and trustworthy, be respectful, be a Christian and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and be flexible demonstrate sound work ethics;
· Demonstrates a lifestyle and personal faith in accordance with the doctrinal and conduct statements of the University.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letterclearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references.( Academic, Leadership and Pastoral). Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts and send to:
The Manager Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono. Uganda
Deadline: 4th September, 2015 by 5:00 PM