Vacancy title: Administrative Officer
Type: FULL TIME .
Category: Admin & Office
Jobs at: Uganda National Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Alliance (UNREEEA)
Deadline of this Job: 3rd January 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
The Uganda National Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Alliance (UNREEEA) is a coalition body of the private sector players in the renewable energy and energy efficiency sub-sector of Uganda, whose key mandate is to avail a platform for actors to merge synergies and improve the business environment in the sector. UNREEEA seeks to fill the position of Administrative Officer to oversee its administrative systems. .
• Works co-operatively, as part of a team to provide efficient and effective administrative support to all employees and manage their queries.
• Provide timely information to Alliance’s members as and when needed
• Establish and maintain a range of basic databases and records systems including; mailing lists, membership details, office records, others as required
• Manage secretariat’s diary, bookings for conferences, workshops and meetings in consultation with management.
• Analyse all the telephone bills monthly with a view to ensuring that costs are properly managed and charged to the relevant cost centres.
• Maintain the asset register and all files including filing all documents that come into the office to keep orderly and clearly labelled files.
• Undertake and assist in the recording and processing of invoices, receipts and payments as required and instructed
• Managing the office petty cash, reconcile and replenish regularly;
• Managing contracts and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers; • Oversee the office assistant responsibilities and ensure that the office is kept clean at all times and ensure office orderliness and professional appearance;
• Schedule meetings and appointments within the office and ensure appropriate communication, prepare boardroom and data projector for meetings; prepare beverages for meetings;
• Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs;
• Maintaining basic administrative tracker logs (i.e. kitchen items, stationery and etc.); Addressing employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery)
• Take minutes at administrative team meetings and ensure that proper record keeping is taking place and maintained;
• Work with the Accountant and Assist with coordinating procurements (preparing Purchase Request and requesting for quotations);, including office supplies and visibility materials among others.
• Always do the photocopies/Scanning of the monthly expenses of hard documentations for filing purposes.
• Keep the alliance’s information confidential.
• Ensure 10% of your time is dedicated to support member association secretariat work
• Good analytical skills and excellent knowledge of computer applications especially spreadsheets is a must.
• Good oral and written communication in English language.
• Good accounting backgrounds and knowledge of quick books
• Strong organizational and planning skills required; and
• Hard working, detailed oriented and able to manage multi task effectively
• A University degree in Secretarial, Administrative or Business Studies from a recognized institution
• At least three years’ experience in a busy institution preferably member based.
• Knowledge of human resources management issues an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs. UNREEEA is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting only cover letter and a CV of not more than 2MB addressed to: HR manager, submit Email: [email protected] not later than 3rd Friday 2020 4:30pm.