Job Title: Anti-corrosion Engineer
Organisation: Sinopec (Uganda)
Duty Station: Project Site (Buliisa/Nwoya, Hoima, Uganda)
Sinopec International Petroleum Service Corporation (Sinopec Service) is a fully owned subsidiary of Sinopec Group, which ranks No. 2 in Global Fortune 500 in 2020. Sinopec Service is engaged in the provision of all project phases service for various sectors, including oil & gas, power, buildings, roads and bridges etc. We are looking for Construction and Project support personnel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding in the design and implementation of preventive corrosion engineering programs, life extension programs, corrosion management systems and risk-based inspection, materials quality control/quality assurance programs, and materials compliance with codes and standards.
- Implementation of the installation of corrosion monitoring and mitigation policies.
- Ensure that material failure investigation and root cause, is carried out where considered necessary, and that risk with respect to integrity is reported accordingly.
- Carry out revision of all Inspection strategies with respect to corrosion related issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ugandan Citizen
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferably with qualification in corrosion engineering.
- At least three years’ experience in process and utilities of oil & gas pipelines, petroleum refineries, or chemical process plants or possess three years of experience as a Corrosion engineer in the oil field whence providing resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the well sites.
- Comprehensive knowledge of extensive corrosion materials engineering management experience, and experienced in applying corrosion management and control for facility life extension.
- An off certificate and offshore survival certificate is an added advantage.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English, Office Software
How to Apply:
All candidates should merge their applications into one single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org with file name format as “position+major+name”. Only candidates who been deemed to have fully met the requirements of the roles will be contacted for interviews.
NB: If you have not been contacted directly within two weeks of your application, then you have not been successful. In support of our commitment to the development of the local community, Ugandan national applicants will be given priority.