Job Title: Auto Electrician Mechanic (2 Jobs)
Organisation: Sinopec (Uganda)
Duty Station: Project sites (Buliisa & Nwoya), Uganda
On-boarding Date: October 2022
Sinopec International Petroleum Service Corporation (Sinopec Service) is a fully owned subsidiary of Sinopec Group, which ranks No. 2 in Global Fortune 500 in 2020. Sinopec Service is engaged in the provision of all project phases service for various sectors, including oil & gas, power, buildings, roads and bridges etc. We are looking for Construction and Project support personnel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
- Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain or upgrade.
- Conducting routine maintenance work aimed at vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Troubleshooting issues and fixing them to ensure vehicle reliability and functionality.
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise users on good vehicle use.
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks)
- Keeps good custody of all assigned tools.
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Complying with QA/QC, HSSE regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified certificate(s) holder or Diploma in Auto Engineering or related field.
- Have at least three years’ experience in repair and electrical works on Heavy Commercial trucks & vehicles.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles.
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Diagnostic mind-set
- Valid driving permit will be a plus.
How to Apply:
Documents required: cover letter & CV, academic documents, relevant certificates, license, permits, National ID and recommendation letter from local LC I.
Hard copies will be delivered to the office of District Community Development Officer (DCDO) in Nwoya & Pakwach, clearly addressed to Sinopec Service (Uganda) Limited.
The deadline for application is two weeks from the date of posting of this advert.
NB: Those who applied earlier are encouraged to apply because of change in schedule. In case of clarification please contact:
- Mr. Phillip Okello – CLO on 0778023265
- Mr. Geofrey Matongo – NCO on 0782913680
Only candidates who been deemed to have fully met the requirements of the roles will be contacted for interviews.