Job Title: Orphans and Other vulnerable children (OVC) Coordinator
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a Company limited by guarantee under Makerere University. MJAP emerged from the Mulago-Mbarara Teaching Hospitals Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) which was established in November 2004 under the then Makerere University Faculty of Medicine with funding from the US President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and technical assistance from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
MJAP is currently implementing a five year Grant under the Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief II (PEPFAR II) supporting the provision of comprehensive HIV/AIDS services including integration of these services in the broader health context in line with the Global Health Initiative (GHI) while strengthening all the Health System Components in the partner institutions to enhance their capacity to provide these services.
MJAP is an equal opportunity employer and is currently looking for a competent individual to fill the position of an Orphans and Other vulnerable children (OVC) Coordinator
Role Title: Orphans and Other vulnerable children (OVC) Coordinator – Head Office
Department: Care and Treatment
Role definition: To initiate and develop strategies for delivering quality OVC care and support services for Mbarara and Mulago MJAP Programme areas.
Key result areas:
1. Initiate the development of an operation plan for implementing OVC activities and set performance targets for staff in line with technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
2. Develop work plans and budgets for the OVC section, track progress on work plans, budget expenditure and provide recommendations on challenges that arise during implementation of OVC activities
3. Conduct field visits to support OVC activities both in Mulago and Mbarara and use the learning to modify programming as necessary in order
to meet project targets and objectives and to improve OVC program
4. Document new developments in the area of OVC and align them to MJAP proposed activities
during OVC programming in line with National OVC implementation frame work.
5. Assess capacity gaps and initiate training of OVC care takers in sustainable livelihood initiatives in line with the capacity building program of MJAP.
6. Develop strategies for mentoring social workers both in Mbarara and Mulago areas to deliver quality OVC services in line with the human resource policies and procedures.
7. Develop strategies for maintaining linkages with key stakeholders and implementing partners to share experiences on best practices and promote quality MJAP OVC activities in line with OVC program objectives and partnership guidelines
Person Specifications neede for the job:
• A degree in Social Work and Social Administration, social sciences or any other related field
• A master’s degree in Public Health or any other related field is an added advantage
• At least 5 years’ experience in OVC related work.
• Good leadership, organisational and planning skills
• A thorough understanding of the National OVC Policy and the National Strategic Programme Plan of Interventions for OVC
• Computer proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Access
Interested candidates who meet the mentioned requirements should submit their ONLINE applications together with detailed curriculum vitae,
copies of their academic documents, day time contact telephone numbers, names and contact details of three references not later than Monday,
3rd February, 2014 to [email protected] addressed to: Human Resource Manager Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
NB: Attachments should either be PDF or Word formats and not exceeding 2MBs
Deadline : 3rd February 2014