Job Title: Audit Manager
ActionAid is an International Development Agency in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the excluded people in the world to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustices and the inequity that cause it.
Job Summary: The ActionAid Audit Manager will actively plan and oversee the Internal Audit Function and provide an independent cost effective audit service to AAU and its partners n line with the Audit Charter and International Audit Best practice (s).
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intuitively review financial systems, internal controls and organizational policies to assure management of efficient and effective use of resources, accuracy of records, security of assets and prevention of fraud in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, national laws, donor guidelines and the International Standards on Auditing.
- Supervise, motivate, appraise Internal Auditors and build the capacity of Audit staff, non-Audit staff and partners in line with organizational policies and procedures.
- Take part in the development of AAU strategic and annual business plan, review, monitor and report on budget implementation in line with AAU guidelines.
- Develop, review and operationalize the audit charter and Manuals for the effective running of an internal audit function.
- Present audit reports to the Board, Finance and Audit Committee and International Secretariat,
- Pro-actively coordinate and participate in Management Audit Committee meetings,
- Plan and perform special investigations of systems, policies and activities as requested by management.
- Coordinate and participate in Management Audit Committee meetings
- Assist management in identifying and evaluating risks and monitor the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management systems.
- Review the work of internal audit team and audit consultants.
- Significantly contribute to strategic decision making through CMT and support to the board.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in either Commerce or Business Administration or Financial Management majoring in accounting from a recognized institution. A Post Graduate in Accounting / Business Administration is an added advantage.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA and CIA
- At least three to five years auditing experience, a member of senior leadership
- Extensive knowledge of NGO operations and knowledge of current auditing practices and trends.
- Audit planning skills
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Auditing and audit reporting
- Skills in capacity building
- Risk assessment and management
- People management skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Skills in Corporate governance
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to either send their applications via E-mail or hand deliver to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org or addressed to: The Director Human Resource/Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid International Uganda, Plot Number 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University P.O Box 676 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Friday 10th October 2014 by 5:00 Pm.