Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people. We provide corporate banking solutions to businesses with an annual turnover of more than £5 million in the UK, and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals in non-UK markets. We support the success and growth of our clients by providing lending, risk management, cash and liquidity management, trade finance, and asset and sales financing.
Job Summary: The Team Leader – Complaints & Query Management Unit will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and enhancing our complaints handling tracking performance through world class MI relating to Quality Assurance, Root Cause Analysis, complaints logged through Barclays Operating Client (BOC)
- Grow and deliver a radical improvement in customer service
- Support process improvement and Culture change
- Act as an integral member of the Customer Service team
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service Improvement (60%)
- Business Support (15%)
- Reporting & Control (10%)
- Leadership and Management Developing Capability (10%)
- Proactively implement the complaint Management strategy & Barclay’s Africa-wide customer initiatives to gain staff commitment to provide world class service.
- Own the results from the various Service Measures through sharing them across the business & incorporating corrective measures into current plans.
- Carry out process enhancement group discussions with units & involve them in producing solutions/suggestions for service/process improvements.
- Leading the service forums, providing MI as necessary and contributing to root cause analysis and implementation of remedial actions in conjunction with management across Barclays Africa.
- Create and lead a revolution in customer service, which is the envy of our competition, and actively support and monitor outlet champions in their pursuit of complaints resolution.
- Represent a central point of reference, best practice and ownership in the business for complaints while constantly reaffirming the importance and profile of complaints in the organization.
- Manage and run any change initiatives relating to service.
- Ensure service deliverables have been imbedded in all products and processes
- Actively support management in the design, planning, and launch of all customer service initiatives and projects across Barclays Africa.
- Identify systems & processes which create barriers to serving customers & improve/eliminate these to create value for customers.
- Actively motivate & inspire staff to improve service levels, through implementation of service initiatives & ongoing coaching.
- Offer timely ongoing feedback on customer service to all levels within the business, ensuring an integrated country effort around service initiatives.
- Ensure necessary regulatory requirements related to service are adhered to and strictly applied.
- Ensure satisfactory rating in all compliance and internal controls audits and imbed best practices in the system
- Provide ongoing feedback on current status of service initiatives & customer service levels to service head, suggesting improvements or new programs where appropriate.
- Offer active and inspiring leadership to service team in-country.
- Be a visible advocate of service for the team, role modeling all behaviors as related to customer service.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should have comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies and ability to recognize business opportunities.
- Proven people management experience with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate
- Good numeracy skills with the ability to analyze and interpret KPIs and to use them to improve performance
- Excellent group dynamics with ability to identify training needs and support continuous development.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Good knowledge and understanding on how to set targets and incentives/initiatives to drive performance.
- Past team management, implementation of complaint management systems is preferred
- Skills in People Management
- Excellent Coaching and Training Skills
- Written and verbal Communication and Presentation skills
- Skills in Business Management/Financial Management
- Skills in Performance Management
- Resource Management skills and ability
- Cultural and Change Management
- Excellent Planning skills
- Good PC Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Risk, Governance and Regulatory
How to Apply for the job:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th November, 2014