The Uganda Youth Network (UYONET) is a regional focused leading umbrella Youth CSO Network that works to mainstream young peoples’ engagement in development and governance processes in East Africa and beyond. UYONET was started in 2002 to respond to the increasing demand for a collective platform for research, training and policy advocacy for young people by young people.
Since inception, UYONET has been positioning the youth to play a leading role in nation building by enhancing their visibility in policy and governance processes across East Africa and providing the necessary infrastructure for information sharing and networking through youth empowerment programmes. With a membership of over 40 youth organizations, UYONET is now at the apex of youth programming and designing appropriate interventions that respond to the diverse needs of the youth across the region.
Job Summary: The Executive Director serves as the chief accounting officer of the organisation and is responsible for the overall day-to-day competent, professional, forward-looking and results-based leadership and management of the organisation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed for the job:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a good first university degree in any discipline from a recognised institution of higher learning.
- Additional training in project/programme management is an added advantage
- Possess the ability to work under minimal supervision
- The applicant must be a young professional with a minimum of five years of development programming in a middle or senior level position in an organisation with a national outlook
- The applicant should be highly familiar with the project/programme cycle and equipped with exceptional conceptual and analytical skills in line with programme conceptualization, development, implementation and evaluation
- Must be a strategic thinker with a creative mind capable of providing realistic, timely and impactful ideas in a challenging civil society operating environment
- Possess an excellent track record in fundraising as well as managing financial resources from a diversity of sources for governance and development programmes
- The applicant must have led as well as enhanced the capacities of multiple and diverse teams towards a shared vision and consequently produced excellent results
- The candidate should have a high degree of integrity with a clean history of leadership/management
- Be passionate about working with and causing a positive difference in the lives of young people
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to:
Chairman, Board of Directors
Uganda Youth Network
P.O. Box 33268 Kampala, Uganda
Tel. 256 312 276944
E-mail applications can be sent to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 24th October, 2014