Job Title: Finance Manager
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees. In Africa, G4S is the largest private employer, with 110 000 employees in over 25 countries across the continent.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead of the Uganda Finance Team;
- Maintain a strong Internal Control Framework that readily adapts to the changing needs of the business;
- Steer and / or participate in commercial negotiations with government departments, joint venture partners, customers and suppliers;
- Assist in the management of the business, including 5,000 strong workforce with a sharp focus on the market, business deliverables and performance targets.
- Support the growth agenda and operational efficiency initiatives;
- Control and where appropriate reduce overhead costs; and
- Offer technical financial support to the Country Manager and business unit heads
- Optimise working capital utilisation and maximise cash flow generation;
- Appraise and approve purchase requisition and payments, with a clear focus of closely monitoring overhead as well as direct business costs;
- Actively formulate the annual business plan, the annual budget and the quarterly forecast;
- Review monthly financial reports and variances against budgets/forecast for all business units;
- Intuitively review and approve new financial models for new contracts before submission to customers;
- Provide capital investment analysis and detailed financial justifications;
- Oversee the treasury function and act in conjunction with Group Treasury to ensure efficient cash management and sufficient funding in either shareholder funds, treasury loans and/or bank borrowings to meet investment and operational requirements;
- Manage ongoing development/improvement of internal control, finance policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance to accounting and group policies and procedures, and statutory financial audit requirement;
- Responsible for tax planning, inclusive of transfer pricing with other group companies;
- Company Secretarial functions and ensure compliance with local regulations;
- Finance training to finance and non-finance staff of the business;
- Ongoing staff development, performance reviews and succession planning;
- Play a key role in selecting, assessing, negotiating and concluding acquisitions; and
- Perform other ad hoc assignments which may be determined from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the aforementioned G4S job opportunity should hold Postgraduate Tertiary Qualification – CA, ACCA, CIMA.
- The applicant must also be registered with a reputable financial / accounting governing body.
- A minimum of five to seven years’ experience in the financial management of a large business unit.
- Possess the ability to work both at a strategic and operational level within a multinational organization.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.
Deadline: 14th November, 2014