Monitor Publications Limited, A Nations Media Group Company operates Uganda’s most influential media house boosting of the Daily Monitor, Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3 & KFM Radio Stations, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Social Media Specialist will enable MPL stay ahead of its competitors and grow various audiences.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the franchise’s digital properties i.e. websites and social media and communications to enhance MPL’s position and visibility with key audiences.
- Manage SEO/SEM activities and analytics analyses.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure timely and appropriate social interaction and web content.
- Responsible for the detailed planning, development and writing of digital and social media activities in line with the Nation Media Group’s Editorial policy
- Participate in the development and execution of cutting edge social media strategy through facebook, G+, Pinterest, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn and other social platforms to generate interaction, brand exposure, sales and corporate reputation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a university Degree in marketing, advertising and communications from an accredited institution.
- Two to three years’ experience in a related job role.
- Ability to keep reputation of top brands
- Exhibit dedication social media with knowledge major social media sites
- Understand analytics
- Understand marketing and social media
- Pro-active self-starter who works well in highly integrated and collaborative team culture
- Passion for new emerging media techniques and ability to engage strategically across complex platforms.
- Ability to recalibrate and execute changes of direction for projects quickly and effectively required
- Excellent command of English
- Significant internet exposure and / or internet consumer experience
- Effective writing and communication skills including copy writing and editing, creating presentation material
- Strong organisational skills.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Experience with online advertising strategy and implementation including social media promotional campaigns (PPC, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, etc)
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and / or web technology
- Experience with keyword analysis and SEO implementation
How to Apply for the job:
If you believe that you are our ideal candidate, please submit your application detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number.
The Resourcing & Talent Management Specialist, Monitor Publications Ltd .
P. O. Box 12141, Kampala, Uganda.
Or E-mail: email@example.com
Deadline: 9th December 2013