Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute – Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct high quality data collection using ethically sound techniques;
- Take part in ongoing mobilization and sensitization about research activities within the study communities;
- Work in liaison with the team leaders and community mobilizers to identify research participants and to schedule with them when and where to hold interviews;
- Conduct all data collection, timely transcription and handling using appropriate and ethically sound research techniques and according to the developed research protocols and standard operating procedures;
- Carrying out Census at household level;
- Administer study consent to study participants;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Research Assistant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration or Education from a reputable institution.
- Two or more years’ working experience in a reputable health research organization as a research assistant.
- Past experience doing qualitative research related work.
- Certificates in Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects Protection, as an added advantage but not a requirement.
- Willingness to reside in Rakai district.
- Fluency in Luganda.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to:
The Human Resource Manager Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, Kalisizo, Rakai, Uganda
Send by E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 28th November, 2014