Big Ideas@Berkeley is providing funding, support, and encouragement to interdisciplinary teams of undergraduate and graduate students, across 18 campuses, who have ‘Big Ideas.’
The 2014-2015 Big Ideas@Berkeley Competition is now open to students with big ideas.
Since its founding in 2006, Big Ideas has inspired high-impact student projects aimed at solving the world’s most pressing problems.
All Big Ideas applicants have access to the following resources to help them develop their projects:
- Up to $15,000 in funding!!
- Extensive feedback from judges.
- Proposal writing and budgeting workshops.
- Access to advisors and practitioners in residence.
- Extended, 8-week, mentorship period for finalist teams.
- Networking opportunities.
- All events will be streamed live so that students from all eligible campuses can ask questions: http://bigideas.berkeley.edu/resources/workshop/
2014-15 Big Ideas Contest Categories Open to USAID Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN) Campuses:
- Conflict and Development
- Food System Innovations
- Global Health
- Mobiles For Reading
- Open Data for Development
To learn more visit the Big Ideas website: http://bigideas.berkeley.edu/
Submissions are due by November 13, 2014