Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Organisation: FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
About FINCA Uganda:
FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) is a subsidiary of FINCA International that is based in Washington DC, USA serving nearly two million clients in 23 countries across 5 continents. FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) was the first licensed micro finance deposit taking institution in Uganda, and currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.
Job Summary: The Chief Finance Officer (CFO) is a member of the senior management team and will oversee the Finance and Administration Department. The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s financial systems and processes, plans and controls. The role is to implement, review and provide financial policies to FINCA Uganda in line with the accounting policies manual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, review and implement the cash management policy and manage the liquidity of the company in line with the treasury management tool.
- Work closely with external audit firms to facilitate annual and interim audits, respond to management letter comments and implement audit recommendations in line with the Internal Audit manual.
- Develop, enforce, assess and redraft policies and procedures for efficient, effective controlled financial activities of the organization in line with the Accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the budgeting process and develop multi-year budgets in liaison with other departmental heads in line with Accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee and supervise the procurement process that includes purchase and maintenance of all fixed assets that should be carried out in compliance with donor and FINCA policies.
- Keenly monitor the financial performance of FU against the approved revenue and expenditure estimates and advise management on budgetary control measures within agreed reporting deadlines.
- Conduct a survey of insurance policies and annually review all the insurance policies in line with the administrative procedures.
- Supervising, training and developing, Finance and Administration staff
- Tasked with accounting and financial reporting as well as carrying out financial analyses.
- In charge of tax planning, compliance and managing relationship with tax authorities.
- Participation in general management of the organization.
- Overseeing and supervising the procurement process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Membership to a Professional Accounting body like CPA or ACCA.
- Possession of a Masters Degree in Accounting and Finance or Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- At least eight years of relevant work experience, with two years as a Manager or Supervisor.
- Previous experience in micro-finance and/or commercial banking is highly desirable.
- Ethics and integrity
- Strategy and Critical thinking
- Communication, Persuasion and Collaboration
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 15th September 2017