Job Title: Communication Officer
Organisation: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Marketing & Communications
Housing Finance Bank, is a Commercial Bank and the leading provider of housing finance solutions with a vision to be the preferred consumer and business bank with a focus on housing finance.
Job Summary: The Communications Officer provides administrative and executional support for internal and external communication programmes/initiatives of the Bank on all media channels and digital platforms.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first level support and coordination of all the Bank’s communications with media houses, digitally, Marketing and Communication agencies and other prospective marketing partners / suppliers of the Bank.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the Bank’s activities, products and/or services.
- Plan, execute and measure all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, Bank database, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Develop and coordinate internal communications plans to drive employee engagement and manage change support of campaigns, particularly with front-line branch & the business.
- Take the lead in the coordination and execution of any events / initiatives relating to public relations and ESG initiative, ensuring proper coordination of suppliers and participants on the ground, crowd management and security, brand visibility, among other things.
- Liaise with segment heads in planning and implementing key segment communication plans aligned to the Bank’s Business growth plans.
- Complete regular briefs about in the news and other relevant developments in the financial services market, internal activities, industrial and economic space that carry informative / educational value.
- Gather all necessary documentation and follow up to ensure accurate and timely payment of communication stakeholders (media houses and related vendors).
- Provide formally written feedback to all stakeholders seeking sponsorships or donations from the Bank.
- Review logs for advertising time to ensure accuracy and compliance to contract terms and raise any anomalies for timely redress.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the Head of Marketing and Communications from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should at least hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, Business or any related field.
- At least three years of experience in marketing with a bias to PR, Communication and Media Management.
- Must have good creative, verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and administrative skills are critical for the role
- Ability to translate strategy into achievable performance objectives
- Good knowledge of modern practices in communications and digital marketing.
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator is added advantage.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s policies, processes and procedures relating to products and Brand management.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s business model, its strategy and all its products and services.
- Good sense of customer behaviour and solid grasp and interpretation of the market environment.
- The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner is essential.
- Ability to build sustainable working relationships across organizational, corporate, and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model HFBs values
- Good presentation skills
- Creative and adaptable to change.
- Ability to conceptualize issues.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should submit their applications with a recent CV, copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, postal and email address and three competent referees to:
Chief Human Resources Officer,
Housing Finance Bank,
4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo,
Email applications to: Recruitment@housingfinance.co.ug, copy in Lillian.Nansamba@housingfinance.co.ug and Sandra.Kiconco@housingfinance.co.ug
NB: Do not hand deliver your application. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Guidelines for submitting Documents
- Ensure that all your documents are scanned and submitted in 1 single batch using the following order:
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Academic Documents and Certificates
- The maximum document size is 10 MB
- Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject.
Deadline: 26th August 2022