Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Kween and Lamwo, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator- CESP
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Coordinator, this role will be responsible for implementation of the Community Engagement and Sponsorship Project (CESP) creating synergies and integration of sponsorship into community development across the country portfolio and addressing drivers of sustainability at Area Program level. This role will champion and implement interventions that champion the “sponsorship-development nexus” transformational initiative that will ensure that program children and families are involved in community development. Thereafter bringing about sustainable wellbeing of families and children.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Community Engagement and Sponsorship Program (CESP)
- Information efficiency
- World link management
- Correspondence management
- Training and mentoring
- Talent, culture and leadership development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in development studies/social sciences, or humanities.
- Postgraduate qualification in project management, management, development studies will be an added advantage.
- Typically, 3+ years of experience in sponsorship programing, sponsorship guidelines, project management and best practice.
- Non-profit ministry experience is a plus. Program leadership experience that includes Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
- Demonstrated computer -operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype, google meet and/ or Zoom.
- A valid motorcycle riding permit, including the ability to ride and care for a motorcycle
- risk and compliance management, financial, and opportunity development
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is satisfactory.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Food for the Hungry Safeguarding, Anti-Fraud & HR policy. In line with this we will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of fraud, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By applying, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Deadline: Friday 25th November 2022 at 4:30pm