Job Title: Livelihood Restoration Officer
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Livelihood Restoration Coordinator
Division: Social Performance
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan
On behalf of our client TOTAL ENERGIES, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Livelihood Restoration Officer to work in Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The job holder is responsible for:
- To monitor and evaluate the respective management plans and projects started up for different PAPs within the license area.
- To update (if required), implement the Project’s management plans above in line with the designated resettlement areas
- To participate in the establishment of a stakeholder plan for the PAPs in conjunctions with the Social affairs team.
- To participate in the review of Livelihood restoration Plans for each of the RAPs.
- Supervise the third-party service providers undertaking the RAPs agricultural support programs, financial literacy and vocation and skills training, monitoring and evaluation to name some.
- Support the relocation of primary residents to resettlement houses and undertake the relevant LR programs.
- Update the social & resettlement data base with related information periodically specifically within Borealis.
- Ensure that all undertakings and interventions are in place to ensure the livelihoods of the households are restored and sustained.
- Ensure the buy-in of relevant Government authorities and JV partners for any supported initiatives.
- To identify organizations, associations, institutions (NGOs, local CSOs, Donors, others), with whom the company established initiatives could collaborate with.
- Work with the contractor and respective livelihood restoration teams to ensure compliance with the national and specifically oil and gas legislative requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in Social sciences, Economics, Rural development, Agronomy, Project Management or equivalent
- At least five years’ experience in community resettlement projects, livelihood restoration projects for PAPs, development projects and/or in other similar area (NGOs, donors, State development funds, etc.).
- Knowledge of the IFC Standards and associated environmental and Social requirements.
- Clear understanding of Resettlement Action plans.
- High Proficiency in the usage of computers and appropriate software’s such as Databases like Access, Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-TOTAL-LRO LIVELIHOOD RESTORATION OFFICER”
Application Link: Click Here
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any Solicitation Will Lead to Disqualification.
Deadline: 29th January 2023 at 5:00 pm