Alliance One International which provides worldwide service to large cigarette manufacturers and is a leading independent leaf tobacco merchant. Multinational manufacturers of consumer tobacco products rely on independent merchants such as Alliance One to supply the majority of their leaf. As a result Alliance One purchases tobacco in more than 45 countries and serves manufacturers of cigarettes and other consumer tobacco products in over 90 countries.
With its global headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, Alliance One proudly claims broad geographic processing capabilities, a diversified product offering, and an established customer base, which includes all of the major consumer tobacco product manufacturers. They select, purchase, process, pack, store, ship, and, in certain developing markets, provide agronomy expertise and financing for growing leaf tobacco.
Alliance One’s revenues are primarily comprised of sales of processed tobacco and fees charged for related services to manufacturers of consumer tobacco products around the world. They do not manufacture cigarettes or other consumer tobacco products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer/Sales Administration:
- Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Contribution to Strategic Plan:
- System Management and Control:
- Intuitively review Customer/Grade economic Profit analysis
- Certifies/Endorses bench mark Price for Price negotiation
- Prepares Conversion charges and customer costing methodology
- Works in consultation with the Managing Director prepare strategic approach for the sales Team for Price negotiation
- Detailed costing & sales comparison for all grades & customers future plan.
- Supports sales executives in customer reports, proposals, customer presentations and Price increase justification.
- Prepares Annual Operating Plan for submission to Corporate and Local Board of Directors
- Manages and Reviews Forecasts for Alliance One Uganda Profitability and Sales Targets via Flash Report
- Compares Standard costs versus actual tobacco costs on monthly basis
- Send Proposals to the Local board of Directors through the Finance Director on Area requiring attention taking into account past trend in costs, current and future business position.
- Establishes with Leaf & Sales Director crop forecasts and expected pricing of all crops.
- Actively contributes to the development of Alliance One Uganda Strategic Plan through:
- Analyzing industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance
- Responsible for the projection of customer tobacco volume allocation
- In charge of projecting Price Trend and Gross margin based on the Past and current trend.
- Manages and controls TOPS system (when the factory comes on-stream)
- Approves access to TOPS (Tobacco Processing System) to various users from various departments.
- Receives, analyses and approves TOPS system change request
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Cost Management Accountant vacancy should hold a University Degree from a reputable institution.
- Full member of an International Accounting Professional body such as CPA, ACCA or its equivalent
- A member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
- At least three years post qualification experience preferably working with an Audit Firm.
- Detailed working knowledge of tobacco industry/agro business an added advantage.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to lead and work with and through teams.
- Ability to influence and network with others.
- Ability to take initiatives and act before being told.
- Ability to identify and provide learning opportunities that enable others to reach their full potential.
- Ability to identify and appreciate the values, concerns and feelings of others.
- Ability to focus on key goals and deliver results.
- Ability to focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to pursue high standards in line with agreed organizational values and standards of professionalism.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 2oth November 2014