Job Title: Data Clerk (9 Fresher Diploma Jobs)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The overall objective of the data clerk is to improve data management systems at facility level. This will include data entry, filing, documentation, HMIS & PEPFAR reporting, HMIS tools stock status, and data/ performance reviews at the health facility. He/she will ensure that there’s improved HMIS & PEPFAR reporting at facility level and use of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is functional.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of HMIS tools at the facility through timely projection of required tools.
- Strengthen use and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) provided by MOH in all data management processes.
- Manage all aspects of documentation at the facility particularly complete and timely documentation in the HMIS tools including register updates with no duplicates.
- Keep track of received patients’ files and registers that are used for data record and entry.
- Ensure timely data entry of patient data into the patient level databases including Uganda EMR, HTS and TB databases and perform regular database backup at the health facility.
- Ensure safety of data management equipment e.g. computers for EMR.
- Ensure confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times.
- Manage the timely submission of facility reports including weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Support records persons, facility in-charge and other clinical staff to analyze and utilize their data to improve patient management and service delivery.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as may be needed from time to time.
- Manage weekly facility reporting.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Availability of HMIS tools at the facility ensured
- All aspects of documentation at the facility managed
- Received patients’ files and registers tracked
- Timely submission of facility reports managed
Also Raed: Coffee Technical Officer Job – Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Procurement, Population Studies OR Information Technology. A bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage.
- One year of previous experience in data entry work in PEPFAR supported programs is a MUST: MUST be able to speak and communicate in Luo
- Knowledge of statistical applications will be an added advantage
- Ethical issues in data management
- Rights of people living with HIV/AIDS
- OVC Management
- Compute knowledge in database management, spreadsheet, email etc.
- Skills in report writing
- Familiar with public health facilities and willing to serve in such settings Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good records management skills
- Key Skills Necessary: Training in research methods and data collection
- Other Qualities/Attributes: Accuracy, Integrity, Confidentiality, Team player and Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy.
How to Apply:
Only qualified and eligible candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees including their telephone and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Job application Form, Download Here, and hand deliver applications with the relevant credentials to:
The Human Resources & Administration Officer
TASO-USAID LPS Acholi Regional Project Office
Located at TASO Gulu City
Deadline: 17th February, 2023
NB: While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.